AFTERNOON - JUNIOR CHEF
The World of Culinary Arts and Practical Skills of Cooking come together in our week-long Summer Camp. Our campers will learn to cook on the stove and in the oven. Kitchen Safety, Food handling, and combining flavors is a big part of this Camp.
Mon: Food Safety & Culinary Hygiene
- Cleanliness in the kitchen, proper food preservation, and spotting spoiled foods are just a few of the topics we'll be covering.
Tues: Salads, Fruit, & Vegetarian Cooking
- Various meatless diets, proper cleaning and cooking fruit and vegetables, and making Tofu taste good.
- Kids will choose and prepare a Veggie Dish
Wed: Fish & Seafood
- Cooking fish and other delicate seafood, accompanying dishes.
- Kids will be assigned a Seafood Dish to prepare.
Thurs: Beef & Pork
- Properly handling & cooking Beef, Pork, & Poultry.
- Campers will be assigned meats to cook in an appropriate manner.
Fri: Final Exam
- The Campers will cook a meal for their parents to eat.
*They will not know what they will have to cook until this Day.
This Camp will be from 2 pm- 5 pm Mon-Fri.
- Week 1: 6/1-6/5
- Week 2: 6/8-6/12
- Week 3: 6/15-6/19
- Week 4: 6/22-6/26
- Week 5: 6/29-7/3
- Week 6: 7/6-7/10
- Week 7: 7/13-7/17
- Week 8: 7/20-7/24
- Week 9: 7/27-7/31
- Week 10: 8/3-8/7
Cost of Junior Chef Camp= $150/wk
Register by calling us at 912-826-3976
*Challenges will be different each week so a child can attend multiple weeks.
Camp ticket sales are final and are ineligible for refund consideration.